Families Are A Blessing...


Today, I am reminded that families are a blessing. I come from a big loving family. Dad was one of nine children and mom was one of seven. I was one of four. There were so many aunts, uncles and cousins at our reunions, but time has taken it course and the reunions have less and less. We celebrated the Phillips Family Christmas in Centerville, OH. It was so different than Christmases past, but this is today.

I think most of all I am reminded about how much we should treasure our families. They are only here on earth for a season and we need to bless them and let them be a blessing to us. Looking at my family history, I remember Papa & Mama (dad's parents), in the morning at around 6:30 kneeling and praying in the dining room. I remember Papa's general store, the big family gatherings, and the love. I'm so glad that I can still feel that love with my uncles, aunts and cousins as well as with my parents today and more than anything in this world, I want this love passed on to my children and grandchildren. This love is a blessing from God.

We had so much fun going over old times, eating, laughing and just enjoying being together. Dad & his brothers Uncle Junior & Uncle Albert, & sister Aunt Ruby and some of their families were able to come. It was just a special time for us all.

Blessings to you this Merry Christmas season!

No comments: