Laughter Is The Best Medicine...

Do you ever feel discouraged or down? Of course you do... we're all human and it happens. That's usually when I look for something uplifting. When my husband comes home and it has been an especially stressful day, we'll sit down and watch a funny video. It just feels good to laugh. Of course, if my kids are around they usually have some funny story to tell. That works too.

Sometime, singing lifts the spirit. God has inspired so many Christians with the words to songs that minister to the soul. God didn't say we had to have the best singing voice to sing. I think, Christians voices singing a song of praise is wonderful in God's ear.

Most of all... I'm so glad that for the big troubles in life, we have the Lord and His Word. Nothing is as healing as God's word and prayer! Years ago, I listened to a story that was read on the radio and I remember the mother of the home saying "first we pray" whenever they had a problem. That just stuck with me. It is the first thing we need to do.

Then there are the times when everything just seems a little tight and stressful and a little humor lifts the heart. praise in song lifts the heart and praying lifts the heart. God wants us to be happy. I believe God's understands ...


"A happy heart is a good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing, but a broken spirit dries the bones." Proverbs 17:22 AMP

No comments: