Wow, what a week!

I've been battling the results of this virus for over a month. This week has been the best. I am still a little hoarse, but there are so many that I've come in contact with that are in the same boat, so to speak. Anyway, I went to church last Sunday, went to a woman's Christmas banquet with my daughter-in-law, Minda, on Monday night, went to Bear Creek Farm's last night to celebrate my son Duane's birthday and to Centerville to celebrate the Phillip's Christmas with my aunts, uncles and cousins. It has been quite a busy week. I'm tired but holding up fairly good.

I have a couple more things to go to this next week, but they are calling for a snow storm. So, we will see. I'm not much for getting out in bad weather.

The woman's Christmas banquet was nice. Lot's of different tables decorated by table leaders. Festive and beautiful. The food was good as well as the speaker.

Friday, we had a bountiful meal at Bear Creek Farms in Indiana. That's always a fun trip. My son Duane & his wife, Minda & her parents met us there to celebrate Duane's birthday. This is an annual trip and we really enjoy it. Of course, they have a great food court and it's a nice little resturant and shop.

Today was so much fun! The Phillips Family Christmas is always fun and upbeat! We ate at the Golden Coral. Mr. & Mrs. Claus stopped in and we were able to get the Aunts & Uncles from ages around 78 - 90 to get pictures with them. Some took quite a bit of coaxing, but we all laughed until some almost cried. It was so funny! Actually, all of us were at least in one picture with the Claus's. Santa told me that we have one really neat family. I am inclined to agree with him. The Aunt's & Uncles have always been loving and fun. In fact, it was probably the brightest spot in the resturant with all the laughs, hugs and gift giving. The waiters & other employees were quite friendly and seemed to enjoy it all.

One thing about this Christmas sticks out so much. People just do not appear happy. I looked around the restuarant at all the miserable people. They've lost the joy. I mean, there were not many smiling faces... just glum sullenness. The Santa and I were talking about it. Their business cards say, "Jesus is the reason for the season." The Santa & Mrs. Claus allow them to get into different groups, but Christ is their real message. We give because it represents God's great gift to us... Jesus!
Jesus is The Reason For The Season


We celebrate Christmas by showing other's God's love through our giving. It is a great time of year to show the real meaning of Christmas to those we come in contact with. It is a good time of year to give to someone you are not normally connected with and share God's gift of love.

DO NOT let the world steal Christmas. DO NOT buy gifts for a holiday. Spend your hard earned money for a reason. Let the world know that Jesus Is The Reason For The Season. Gift gifts of love to remind other's of God's great gift to us. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Thank the Lord for a good week!
Merry Christmas!


No comments: