We Are Loved …



"We are loved with an everlasting love!"
What else can be said? God's love is so great and he loves us so much. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Years ago there was a radio program that was on with Elizabeth Elliot, herself a past missionary, called "Gateway To Joy." I loved that program and miss it. Anyway, Elizabeth would say, "You are loved with an everlasting love, and underneath are the everlasting arms." I often think of that phrase. I know it is true and it is a great comfort.

One of her favorite ladies to talk about was Amy Carmichael, also a missionary, who wrote the following poem:


"Never will I ask of thee
more than thou canst do.
Ever I will be with thee?
Savior, Shepherd, too.
Never shall go forth from Me
a command too hard for thee.
Trust Me then, O child of Mine.
Faith knows not to fear.
Thou art Mine and I am thine;
I am always near.
Near to be thy strong defense,
quietness and confidence."


by Amy Carmichael

No comments: