In The Heat Of The Summer...

It was so hot and humid last week that it was hard to work outside in the afternoon. It is mid-July and it is in the heat of the summer... so what more could we expect? In fact, I was thinking last night that it is not really any different than it was when my children were home and we were trying to work out in mid summer... just hot and humid. It doesn't work well with my asthma, but it never has. While we are talking about the weather, I don't think it is as hot as it has been in a lot of summers past. We just tend to forget. After all this is July.


Last week, I did get part of the corn patch harvested and put up. A big thanks to my daughter, Beth. We do our garden together and she helped me pull the corn. I got 22 bags and she got around 25. The worst part was pulling it in the hot weather. Thursday, I had a funeral in the morning, lunch with my parents and brother and then worked in the hot garden. The ideal way to do it is pick the corn in the early morning, but that was not possible. We were both so hot and exhausted that we processed the corn on Friday. We got the job done, so that was great!

Friday evening, we went to Isaiah's Bible School program. This is his second year at this church vbs and he loved it. He was so cute... Beth didn't want me to laugh, but he was running in place so fast. I just had to. The stress of the situation must have got to him. I told Beth that I think he'll be a runner in the spirit. He did great reciting his verses and singing. Of course, he waved when I got there... hi grandma, and then on the platform... hi Sophia! Cute! I love kids!!!
Saturday, we went to a ball game and picnic at our church. It was nice to relax and talk at the end of a busy week. We stopped by Paul & Candy's and had ice cream and cake before goinig home. I was exhausted.

Sunday, Merrill went and ate breakfast with his dad at the Brethren's Home. His dad has not been well, so it was great they could be together. He wouldn't be able to go to the Lavy reunion. We went to church and then to the Lavy reunion. We had not been there for many, many years, but Merrill wanted to go since there were relatives up from Virginia that we had not seen for a long, long time. It was great to see the family. Of course, we've all aged and with some it did take a little second glance to make sure who it was. There was well over 200 people attending. It's a big family. I did enjoy the stories that some of the older ones told about the old ways and dating and family fun. After we got home, I fell into bed with complete exhaustion. The week had caught up with me.

This morning, I've been slow getting around. I'v slept in... I've cleaned a little, but now I need to get into full force. It's just the beginning of another busy week.

That's about it for my update...

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Brian Stevens said...

It sounds like you have a nice family. I'm glad I randomly stumbled across your site.

sherryldickinson said...

What an interesting update this was! Also, I loved hearing about Isaiah in his VBS program. I can just see him yelling to you, "Hi Grandma!" from the platform. Ha!
You are the workingest (:-) lady I know! I don't know how you are able to keep up with all that you try to keep up with! You are a sweet lady with a very pleasant personality, and I love you!
Your friend in Phoenix,
Sherry