A Woman's Work Is Never Done...

It is true... a woman's work is never done. From the time you step out of bed in the morning until you climb into bed at night. Women that work outside the home and try to keep up their homes have an enormous job on their hands. That's one reason we appreciate our mothers and grandmothers. They kept things going and taught us how to do the same...

We all have jobs that we like to do and others we just do. Personally, I do love to garden. Weed whacking and grass mowing are also fun. I think the love of grass mowing goes back to my teen years when I got to drive the riding mower. That was my first set of wheels. lol :) I guess my parents knew what they were doing when they sent me out to mow.


My daughter Beth and I garden together. She's a big help. This is a picture of her picking beans last year. This year we have fences up and climbing beans. As you probably already know, picking beans is hard on the legs and back and I didn't want Beth to have to do all the picking. Of course, our beans were planted later this year because of the rains. I am not at all sad about that. Hopefully, I can get some nice pictures later of our pole beans.

I worked in our beans and tomatoes last night. We've got bug problems in the tomatoes, but the beans are looking real good. The Japanese beetles are out and they are going to have to be dealt with. I'm going out to week whack now as soon as I finish this looong post.

I've been out to feed my cats and dog. Speaking about the pets. I have a new little kitty, Mittens (III). It is a cute little kitten. It is gray with white paws just like the previous two. You can lay it upside down and it will take all the loving you can give it. You can rub it's tummy & it's paws. It let's me swing it and it is so happy with it's little motor running. It purr's so cute! He lives on my back porch in the box that I got him in. He calls it home. Hopefully soon, I can get him a cat house made for winter.

Zeus is shedding right now. So he's not looking so cute, but he is as sweet as a big, big dog can be. He's an Alaskan Malamute. He just a big baby and he loves cats. He very mild mannered.

Tuluse is my white Kansas cat. Amy gave her to me. She is a very pretty long haired cream colored white cat with very lt. tan on her ears and feet. She is a very loving cat also. She is caged, but will be moving in with Zeus soon. They have bonded the last couple of months. I put her cage next to his kennel. She was almost killed early in the spring so she is caged for safety. Her half brother Podunk disappeared in the winter as well as about 5 of our barn cats. Our guess is that the coyote got them. We are getting more barn cats.

Sometime soon... I need to get our pets pictures up...

No comments: