A Barn Cat Saga ...

I have a barn cat saga to tell you about today...


This is a true ongoing story that hopefully will end soon. This crazy cat has been in my house for about 3 days. I have tried everything to get it out, but the thing is faster than lightening.

When I had company earlier this week, the cat must have slipped in with them. In fact, I started out with two barn cats. The one was a huge male, but he liked the food idea and I was able to get him out. This one couldn't be bribed with food. I've put food by the opened back door and she would not have anything to do with it. But, the crazy cat was looking for food. A couple of days ago, I left a partial loaf of bread on top of the refrigerator. I usually keep it in the freezer since Merrill and I don't eat it very fast. Well, when I went to fix bacon, eggs and toast... the cat had been on top of the refrigerator and ate a big part of it. I was fortunate to have had frozen bread to fix, but I wasn't happy about a cat on my frig. I think that if I'd gone in the kitchen in the middle of the night and a cat jumped from my frig, I probably would have had a heart attack, but luckily that didn't happen. Although, this was a middle of the night theft!

I know the cat is getting hungry because she is starting to stay closer to the kitchen. But, if I start towards her, off she goes. I have to keep doors closed so I don't have to deal with her in the bed or bath room. I've tried the food by the kitchen door trick daily, but soon, it has to work.

Well, so much for my saga today!

1 comment:

Amy said...

lol that is funny, hope you catch it soon.
love a