Christmas Lights

This morning when I plugged in my Christmas lights, the first thought that I had was that... the light of the world is Jesus.

Don't you just love God's given thoughts? I think that He leads and guides our thought processes if we let Him. We always know His thoughts because they are according to His word, the Bible.



The scripture, John 8:12, "Then spake Jesus unto them saying, "I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

This morning, I want to share this song that I've been singing since I turned on the tree lights.

The Light of the World is Jesus
Words and music by Philip Bliss

The whole world was lost in the darkness of sin;
The Light of the world is Jesus;
Like sunshine at noonday His glory shone in;
The Light of the world is Jesus.


chorus:
Come to the Light, 'tis shining for thee!
Sweetly the Light has dawned upon me;
Once I was blind, but now I can see;
The Light of the world is Jesus.


No darkness have we who in Jesus abide;
The Light of the world is Jesus;
We walk in the Light when we follow our Guide;
Light of the world is Jesus.(chorus)

Ye dwellers in darkness with sin-blinded eyes;
The Light of the world is Jesus;
Go wash at His bidding and light will arise;
The Light of the world is Jesus.(chorus)

No need of the sunlight in heaven, we're told;
The Light of the world is Jesus;
The Lamb is the Light in the City of Gold;
The Light of the world is Jesus.(chorus)

No comments: