Long Weekend...


I had a long and eventful week end. It all started Friday morning with Breanna's grandparents day. We had lunch and a patriotic program. It was so cute!

Friday evening we celebrated my father-in-laws 90th birthday. I need to see if I can get a picture to post from Beth. He is such a dear and loved his party. The cake was beautiful, a big part of the family was able to come, and of course Grandpa was doing pretty good.

Saturday morning Merrill & I left for Ky for my family reunion. We got there in time for a big country breakfast. The group is getting smaller and smaller. So many are passing away and it seems the younger generation doesn't go in for reunions much. It was good to see my Uncle and cousin from Georgia as well as other family and friends.

Last year was the dangerous year and we did not have it. In fact, it's a miracle that I'm still alive. There was this big bad flood that covered the roads. The shelter and cabin is up in the hills and my parents were stranded up there. I gunned on the gas a plowed through the high water several times, and I was so shaky by the time I got to their Ky house. Going home really scared me because I saw what I drove through at one spot and it was a creek out of it's banks. I would have been a goner if my van had tipped over. I spent the night worrying about my parents up in the hills and just hoping that they didn't try to get out. My uncles and brother went up the next morning to try to get to them. The road was all washed out but in spite of it all they were able to get out. The government repaired the road and it was in pretty good shape this week end. My husband calls it a trail because it is barely one car width.

I wanted to be able to stay a little longer and sit out on the porch and enjoy the beauty of the hills above the valley, but it didn't work out that way this trip. Hopefully, another time. I did enjoy driving the country roads back in the hills. They are so secluded.

We came home yesterday, but I've been really tired today and haven't got a lot accomplished. Of course, resting up to stay well might be considered an accomplishment. We'll call it that anyway!

Have a good evening!

No comments: