Step Forward Then Step Back...



Sometimes we just step forward then step back. That's the way my computing has been lately. I got this virus just before Labor Day. I could not do anything on my computer. I could not even restore it.

Big decision... I just reloaded the whole computer from start. I lost a lot of things, but remembered the importance of saving to cd, external hard drive, USB drive or an external program like Mosey. I've traveled this road before, so I should have had things backed up. Excuse, it's summer and I didn't have time.

To make a long story short... I got everything loaded back on. My Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite and some other useful programs. Guess what? I got another big virus Monday. Same virus... I was all locked up again and couldn't use restore dates, but I was able to do a default restore and pretty much followed the same path I did right before Labor Day. Only, I still have to get my Office and Adobe Suite back on. Lesson learned! I do have a disk with the pictures that I had in my picture file so that helped a little and I had my library and office files so it's just half sad. :0 Maybe, reading about my misfortune will be a reminder to someone to backup their files.

Now for some good things...

Our weather is great! My favorite times, weather wise, are in the fall and summer. The temperatures are soooo agreeable. Not too hot and not too cold.


I just made a batch of applesauce and apple butter. Mmmm good! I also baked bread for the first time in a while. Right now an apple nut cake is in the oven. I guess you could say that I'm having an apple of a time!


Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: