New Month...




Well, we are into a new month. I always look as the day after Labor Day as the first of September. When I was a girl, many, many years ago, school didn't start until after Labor Day. We had nice long summer vacations. I feel so sad for today's children because I think they need this time off. Life goes fast enough without giving up your childhood. There will be a lifetime of learning.

Saturday, Merrill & I went to Berne Indiana. It was nice to have a day trip and get away. We drove the country side which is one of my husband's favorite things. We love the land, farms, animal and the different farm buildings. Times change and today's farms are different than those from years gone by.
I shopped in Berne. I got two individual butter crocks. I saw these for the first time in Holmes County Oh at the Lehman's store. They keep butter fresh for up to 30 days on the table. These were little crocks instead of the bigger one. I have already really like the little things. Real butter is ready when you need it. Bigger ones will hold about a stick of butter. It is soft and it is sealed in the crock. Pretty neat! I also picked up another corn cutter. This one is different than the one that I currently use. It works great also and is easier to clean than my long one.






We enjoyed a leisurely walk through the Bear Creek Farm Village. We ate at the Bear Creek Farms restaurant. Wow! They have great food!

It turned out to be a pretty nice day. We were very tired when we got home.

Yesterday, we had a great family get-to-gather time at Paul & Candy's house. Wayne and Wilma & girls made it back from Colorado Sunday eve., so they were there as well as Steve & Buffy's family, Beth and Isaiah and some of Candy's family. Good food, fun and relaxation. What a great way to end summer vacation and celebrate Labor Day.
That's the run down of recent activites...

1 comment:

sherryldickinson said...

Dear beautiful Connie,
When I read your blog posts, I love seeing your inner beauty that shines out of your heart. How blest your children are to have a mother like you hve been to them. I've been listening to your video clip, "Thy Word", over and over. It was such a pretty song to my heart. Thank you for posting it.
We are so thankful to have a daughter-in-law like your Bethie is. She always makes my heart smile.
Love,
Sherry in Phoenix