Beautiful Snowy Day

I just love a beautiful snowy day! Today is perfect. The first big snow of the winter. It's just right.

When I was a girl my brother, Clarence, and I would make snow forts, igloo's and snow men. We had such fun! That was many, many years ago. Today, I enjoy watching and seeing my grand children's creations. But, deep down inside, I wish I could go back and make another snow fort or igloo with my brother. Those are memories that I cherish.



These are pictures that I took today of trees that I planted many years ago. We had to trim the bottom of the one by the mail box because it was too dangerous when backing out of our drive. I am glad we did not have to cut it down. It is still a beautiful tree especially with Snow on it.




Wouldn't it be great to have a beautiful snow like this at Christmas? There is just something calming and peaceful about a clean white snowfall. Well, we will enjoy it for today.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the snow!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Very pretty mom, wish I could be their with you and have a nice cup of hot ch. I love you very much hope it does not snow to much so you can come see me next week. love you lots
amy
p.s
when you say many many years ago it makes you sound really old....... you are not that old ;)

Connie Lavy said...

You're so sweet! I think I'll go have a cup of hot chocolate. It has been a good day. I had to get out on the ice, but I made it home safe.
Love you lots!
Mom