Beautiful Snowy Day

The snows still on and it is a beautiful outside.I know that it will not last since rain is on it's way, but we can enjoy it for the day. At least those of us who do not have to be out in it. :)


I brought Snow Flake, the cat, back from Kansas. Amy couldn't keep her so she lives with us now. She's a real lovable cat and is very smart as far as cats go. She is white with blue eyes (she has some tan on her ears and tail) and we're trying to find out what part of her heritage is. She is a mixed breed. I think she has some Tonkinese in her ancestry which is linked back to Burmese and Siamese cats. White cats with blue eyes go deaf a lot of times so I'm hoping she has the Tonkinese background and enough mix that she will be o.k. Miss Priss, Amy's mother cat,is more white and has blue eyes also. She has longer hair and is very pretty. Snow Flake or Little Miss Priss, since I keep calling her Miss Priss, is pretty and well behaved. Of course, she is becoming more accustomed to our house and I have to use a water bottle to train her to stay off and away from things. She sees the bottle and runs. She does kinda remind you of a dog because she seems to understand and a lot of cats do not. Our beautiful gray cat, mittens, is well behaved and loving and she seems to understand what you want her to do also. My other cats, you might as well talk to the wall. I'm not sure if my new cat will be an inside or outside cat. Right now, she's inside because she's still a kitten and I want her to live. All my other cats are outside and come and go from the barn. I let mittens in sometimes because she does listens and is also very lovable .

Well, that's my cat story. I like animals and they are good for old people. :)! I think we've even got Merrill convinced - a little. He was out chasing Snow Flake yesterday when she slipped out the door. That's a rarity!!!

I did add some to my previous postings. I edited my Dec 11 and 13 blogs and put slide shows on for Duane's birthday and my parents anniversary. If you're interested, you might want to check those out.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you are having a nice time with Snow Flake. We miss her much give her kisses ;)
love amy, kinsey and caden

LJL said...

Now, I would pay a small amount to watch the birthday boy chasing a cat. I have seen his speed on the b ball court!

Paul and Candy said...

I would love to see Dudley chasing that cat around....Outside.......

Paul