Wonderful Christmas Time!


Hasn't it been a wonderful Christmas time? This past week has been so full of going, but there has been an inner peace and calm in the midst of it all.

Amy and Paul and their families have been in. Of course, we had a surprise Sat. for my husband who reached a milestone in his life last week. It was a You're How Old? surprise party. He was really surprised and happy that we got his parents, my parents, brothers and sisters, children & grandchildren and few friends together. He was so surprised and happy! I won't tell you how old he was, but, he got his Golden Buckeye Card! :)

Amy had to go back to Kansas for Christmas, but we got to be with her a couple days and that was special! I'm so glad that she could come in and that she missed all the bad weather in her travels coming and and going back out west. She is safe at home again, but feeling a little under the weather.

We spent Christmas dinner at my parents. They had a nice dinner as usual. This is a highlight in mom and dad's year. They've always enjoyed Christmas and family. They put a lot into having a good dinner and it means so much to them. It is good to enjoy Christmas with my brothers and sister and the nieces and nephews that can come.

Merrill and I have Christmas supper. We set up a buffet at 6:30. At Christmas, I have turkey and ham and the fixings. There was plenty of food. We do like doing it this way. (I think I tend to Not overeat because I know that there is another meal and I do not like to be miserable from overeating.) This is the way we do Thanksgiving and Christmas. It works well for us.

Before the family started arriving, I lit the Advent candles and turned off the light above the table. Of course this is when you light the the Christ candle. Later, I explained it to a few of the family who didn't know what I was doing. It has been a blessed time of year and it will definitely be a part of Merrill and my family tradition for years to come.

We really enjoyed our Christmas with the family! We had such an enjoyable time with the children and grandchildren. Of course, there is the gift giving and games that last up until around midnight or later. It was a just wonderful loving family time!

I sure hope that those of you who read my blog had a wonderful Christmas too. I checked out some of the blogs to see what was going on in my relatives and friends lives. It is fun to read what everyone is doing and how they celebrate Christmas.


Today, I am enjoying the memories!

No comments: