Memories...



Today, Amy and I were reminiscing about when they, our children, were all home and the fun times that we had. Of course, sometimes, we parents are glad that we did not know some things until later. We surely would have had graying hair sooner!

Amy and I were laughing about the time she and Steve killed a laying hen that I had. She killed it on a dare from Steve and then they put it in an old freezer. Merrill found it many days later. I told Amy that she should have come and told me and that it must have caused a great burden to her heart to hide such an act. She assured me that she didn't feel guilty. Surprise! Later today, Steve and I were talking about what happened and he just laughed. Surprise! If they would have confessed up, after the punishment, we could have all had chicken and noodles! :) Way....too late now!

They both assured me that they did not kill my strutting Rhoade Island Red rooster. He was probably killed by a fox. Of course, this happened many, many years ago.

5 comments:

Amy said...

lol oh Mother that was good ole days back then. I was going to be like Annie Oklie (I think that is how you spell her name) and Steve said I would never be as good as her. OH I had no choice but to prove I could do it. I was the best shot in town. ;)
I love you, thanks for the memories they are great

Beth said...

HAHAHA!! I remember that. The things Amy and Stephen did!!!

Connie Lavy said...

Well, after talking to Beth, she informs me that you killed a turkey too! Dear, oh dear!!!

I'm looking for more stories...

Amy said...

Well Mother I thought we was suppose to kill the turkey, it was mean and chanced you!!! How could we have a turkey that is mean to our Mother??
love you

Connie Lavy said...

Dad & I are laughing. We don't remember if we asked you to kill the turkey or you just took it upon yourselves. That was one mean turkey and a welcome meal! lol :)