Monday Morning Musings...

"Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12


Today, I took a slow start. You ask, "What do you mean by a slow start?" I slept in! It seems the older that I get, the easier I pick up little physical annoyances and I'm slower. My new philosophy is to take one day at a time, slow down and if you don't feel good, let the body, hopefully, heal itself. Otherwise, see a doctor. :)

The older I get, the more I muse. What is musing?
Musing (n): a calm lengthy intent consideration
Synonyms: contemplation, reflection, reflexion, rumination, thoughtfulness


I like to read. I like spiritual books and informational books. I don't read a lot of fiction any more, so I've decided to start again. Somehow, I think I need the balance of something imagined. When the children grew up and left home, I kind of got away from reading fiction.

The children liked Disney stories. We had little books and tapes that they read and listened to. We went through at least a couple Little House on The Prairie book sets. Those were the true stories that our children loved. Books non-fiction or fiction can take you a lot of places and let you experience things that you've never experienced and in some cases never want to experience in real life. Of course, if you are an avid reader, you already know that. See, I told you that I was musing.

Well, so much for these musings... From some of my schooling - keep it short - people do not like to read long blog entries or essays on the internet. I shall return...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I forgot about that picture of Kinsey, oh how time flys. I love you.
love amy