Tell You What...

I'll tell you what...I picked up the flu bug about a week ago and it has been one bad trip. Those that know me well, know that I am one of those wash your hands, use the paper towel, turn the door knob with the inside of your jacket or shirt kind of gals. I use disinfectant wet wipes to wash off the grocery carts if they aren't provided by the store. The only thing that I can say is that I didn't have wet wipes my last two store visits and the store didn't provide them. Lesson learned. I could have gotten this virus somewhere else, but I've been pretty much staying in and enjoying the white winter. "Global warming go away, never come here to stay!" lol :) Just when these green peace neaks think they get their global warming, it snows all over the world in some of the most unlikely countries. God has control. I just love it, but that is another story. :) See, I told you that I was on the mend.

But, this flu has been a bad one. One day I just didn't know if I'd make it, for sure. Now, it just seems to be dragging on. I cough, cough and cough, but I am feeling better. Those of us who have had lung problems all our life just have to watch and be more careful. I'll just try not to have a set back, but folks, if it's fit tomorrow, I'm going out! :)

Oh, yes, Dr. Dad, my dad, has me on the vinegar and honey remedy. Yes, it does work and help! He's doctoring from phone conversations and giving me helpful advice. So far, every bit of advice he has given has worked. My parents use a lot of old remedies that have been handed down probably from generation to generation. Some may call them herbal or folk remedies, but if you're not too sick they seem to work. I usually try these remedies before going to the doctor and it has saved me thousands of dollars. :) Dad is 82 and mom is 78, they both work at doing all they can to have good health even though they do have inherited health problems. They just keep plugging on. Dad just loves it when his advice works. I can see the pleased look in his voice over the phone. (That's in my minds eye, of course!) ;)

Enjoy the day, we have a beautiful snow here!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Sorry you've been so sick. If it's any consolation it lasted about a month for me and now I'm back to normal! I love the vinegar remedies and have had great success with others from www.earthclinic.com Hope you are better real soon. We'll be praying!

Paul and Candy said...

glad you are feeling better:0)

Amy said...

sounds like you are having about as much fun as we are here.
love you amy