The Beginning of a New Week...


I love beginnings Years, months and weeks all work... I guess it's just a new starting point. Of course, I like the end too, they are ending points, but that's another blog entry.

This is the beginning of a new week. I've got lot's that I need to do. I've been working on my goose neck plant. It's a big plant and I'm digging it out as fast as I can and transplanting it in other places, just like my hostas. I gave some of those away and I may just be doing that with the goose neck plant.

The day lilies are blooming nice. Also, the Knock out rose that I planted 3 yr ago has an abundance of blooms. It is so neat! Just keep dead heading and this rose will not disappoint you. The picture that I posted today is the first Knock Out rose that I planted. I planted one in my front flower bed this year as well as an Oak Leaf Hydrangea. I hope they do well there. I love the leaves on the Oak Leaf Hydrangea. They are so neat as well as the flowers. It's a nice all year plant.

I think I'm becoming the weed wacking queen. I have an electric charged Black and Decker weed eater. I start out first thing in the morning until it runs down and then I plug it in and use it again in about an hour. Works great for me because I wear out about when the weed eater does. I can go and do other garden work until I'm ready to weed whack again.

Yesterday, was my Phillips Family Reunion. Dad was one of 9 children and this has been a yearly event for many years. Now, that the uncles and aunts are getting older and passing away, our group is getting smaller and smaller. It is so sad each year because someone is gone. The Phillips family has always been one big loving family and I miss so many. But, it is such a treat to get to be with the family of aunts, uncles, & cousins that I love at least once a year.

Well, have a blessed day there is so much to be thankful for!

No comments: