We Got Rain...


Wow, we got rain. A little town not far from us had 6" in the streets, but at that time we did not get it real hard. Then, late last night it just came down in torrents with lightening and the whole works.

I unplugged my computer and monitor because I had already lost my laptop and a printer with a power surge a couple months ago and I didn't want to take a chance on losing my desktop and monitor.

I got my flash light, oil lamp, candles and matches out preparing for the worst. The lights flickered off a couple of times, but that was the extent of it. The wind was pretty strong and we have some turned over chairs and other debris but that's about it for us here.

We have 2 sump pumps for such occasions as heavy rains and they have been going almost constantly. So far, everything is working good.

This has been a good year for rains. I've had a hard time getting the garden in, but what I've got in is doing good. Right now there are puddles in the gardens and it doesn't look like it will be dry for some time.

Well, that's about it for here in my part of the country.

Have a good day!


No comments: