"Pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace." 2 timothy 2:23

Look what God has for us, but we need to pursue it! Reading God's word and praying are easy things to do. The acting on what we read and know is right is sometimes hard. Being righteous by keeping our tongue or controlling ourselves when someone wrongs us in word or deed. Watching our attitudes. Faith to trust God when it looks impossible or just saying, "Lord, if this is what you want for me, o.k." Loving others when they do or say bad things about you or to you. Living at peace with your fellow man. This is a scripture that I want to live. Just my thoughts!

Well, the laundry lines are full, breakfast is over and the dishes are done. I'm doing much better than yesterday morning. I am happier about it too. :)

I love early mornings and I don't like to rush into the day without praying and reading the Bible. I just feel like something is missing. It is funny because I think you get more done after you've been with the Lord. Maybe, it just a burden we carry because we haven't taken time to be with God. Sometimes, we can't help it because of circumstances, but we always feel like something is lacking. Know what I mean?

Today, Beth, Amy, the children and I are going to Dad and Mom's. This will be a fun time! My parents just love the kids. They are looking forward to seeing Beth and Amy.
They started preparing for today's lunch last night. I think we'll have fresh picked green beans, corn and tomatoes from the garden. Knowing mom, we'll have her peach cobbler and possibly hoe cakes. Some of her good southern cooking!

Both pictures that I have up today are from my parents house. They love to garden. The little fence area contains a dahlia that my dad grows that has been kept down through the years from my Grandmother Phillips. I bought him a yellow rose bush for Father's Day which is in this area also. The bottom picture is of their garden. I took it because I though it was cute. They work in their garden and then sit in their chairs and look at it. I just had to have the picture.

3 comments:

Beth said...

We had a great time at Grandma and Grandpas today. I love going to see them.

Love
Beth

sankey family said...

I love your quiet time photos...

Paul and Candy said...

Sounds like you are having a nice time with the girls and the children. Give them all big hugs for us and tell them that we miss them.

Love,
Candy, Paul and the boys