Cleaning The Flower Beds


What a day! I've been weeding and cleaning the flower beds. It is so nice out. I was going to mulch my roses, but it's not time. They are still green with some budding (that's scary because it is close to winter). Usually my Knockout rose is the only one that blooms through November. I did pull the mulch up a little around each rose. If I can't get out there right away to mulch, after it does get really cold, it might help.

It is nice. I saw a butterfly and a "bad bug" one of those pesky bugs that get on your trees... that should not be either. (He's now a dead bug.) I don't know where the butterfly was hiding since we've had some really cold nights. Anyway, it sounds like we're going to get rain, so I needed to get my zinnia seed heads for next spring. Half my patch is done and I will try to do the rest today before the rain.

(The picture is me with my Knockout rose.)

2 comments:

Amy said...

love the hat mother, and your flowers are very nice.
love amy

Beth said...

lol, Mom you are funny. Love you lots Beth