Do We Really Listen?






While I was working, this little event came to mind that I want to share with you...


I was talking to a friend at church and we were discussing how much people really listen to you.

She was telling me about someone who would talk to people and they would answer them, but not really pay attention to what they were saying. So, this individual decided to tell each person that they had killed their mother in law. They told this to everyone as they shook hands. Many people smiled and said that's nice. Finally, one person, not skipping a beat said, "I'm sure that she deserved it!"

I'm guilty of sometimes not listening, I want to at least acknowledge what people are saying to me. Everyone, no matter what their stage in life deserves a proper answer. All I can say is, "Lord, help us to love people enough to listen."

1 comment:

Amy said...

lol sad but probably true.
love you amy