Back From Camp...

We got back from camp Sun. night. Of course, we spent yesterday cleaning out the camper. I still have things to get put away since I've had gardening, yard work and other jobs to do. So, we are back in the groove of things.

Beth and I picked cherries this morning. Isaiah ate cherries this morning sooo... he had the time of his life running around the tree, playing in the grass and eating cherries. :)

We came back to my house and hoed in the garden. The last beans that I planted came up great! It is starting to get exciting. We have 3 really nice cabbage heads and the potatoes are looking great too. The garlic is coming through, the later tomatoes are looking good, and the corn is getting big. The corn that I started inside (my experiment) is tasseling. It is early sun glow and it is a small corn, so we'll see how it does. Anyway, that was a fun project.

Isaiah picked the first two red tomatoes. Yeah! Our goal is by the fourth of July and we beat it by well over a week. The funny thing is the green one he picked, I didn't get fried and it turned red while I was at camp.

I'll try to get some garden pictures later. Right, now there are a few more things to get in and then I can get a breather. The real harvesting shouldn't start until August and that is nice because we start getting cooler evenings. Beth's baby is due in November so I know that she is anxious to get things put away by September.

It has been a great June. Nice rains and cool weather. What more can you ask for. It was just, one nice spring! In fact, our time at camp was great. It was very comfortable in the services. That was a blessing!

No comments: