Nice Morning...

Well, it is a nice morning with an easy going rain... I love it! :)
I did get the roto-tilling that I wanted done for my next planting completed before the rain. So, Beth and I can plant either tomorrow eve. or Thurs. Of course, since God controls the rain, and the weather man doesn't, He may have some surprises for us. But, we want to plant before I leave for camp, so hopefully, that is possible.


I got three different sets of shrubs trimmed yesterday at three different places. Quite frankly, I was tired, sore and could hardly move. If I had been able to move more readily, I might have roto-tilled and planted it all last night. I did quit working outside when it started getting really hot. Hot and me don't get along, especially, if it is in the 90's. I can handle the 80's fairly well, just not the 90's. My lungs just don't like it!

Folks, I'm advising you to plant a garden. With grocery prices what they are and the doom and gloom reporters what they are... it's just reasonable to plant a garden. The exercise is good, the mental relief is good, the food is good and it is just fun! You don't have to do the best, be the best or have the best, but it's the trying and learning and enjoying that counts. But, I am serious. If nothing else, do it to hand the knowledge down to younger generations. And, that is something to consider.

Are you wondering about the rooster? Well, I just like the rooster, but it does remind me of a rooster that I had many years ago. This guy was in a fenced in area and he loved to strut around. I think that he knew that he was beautiful. He was so proud... but pride goes before a fall. He just disappeared! I don't know if foxes got him or what, but I missed that rooster. He was neat!

Now, that's not like the chicken that disappeared... ask Steve and Amy about that. I think they have some confessing to do... oops, sorry, they did confess... they have a story to tell!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Steve should of not said what he did or everything would of worked out ok for the poor chicken. ;)

sounds like you have been busy, love you lots