Rain & Storms

I think everyone knows that I like rain. I always have and probably always will. But, I do not like storms and lightening. The storm last night was so loud and the lightening was so close. It was something else. We are thankful that there wasn't any tornados here. I think at least the western part of Oh was hard hit with the storm. I was out today and there is lots of water, probably 3 1/2-4 1/2 inches. Lots of flooding.

In the news...

On the brighter side, I'm glad Chevy is coming out with this electric car. It will be out in 2010. Let's hope that it is reasonable in price. But, it still will not help those that need a bigger vehicle. They are going to have to come up with something for those that don't want a dinky car. I know it can be done. America has some brilliant minds. All we need is someone who can invent something that will work in existing autos similar to the electric car. We need someone willing to help others and not try to make his billions. He'd probably do that anyway. Anyway, back to my story, this electric car goes 400 miles before needing to refuel and it gets 150 mile per gallon. Now, whether GM will be reasonable or not with its price.

Link to the electric car called the Volt. Yea GM, good for you!http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363203,00.html

This is a great, must read article, about all the oil that we have in American and Congress will not let us touch it. It is a great article that needs to get around.
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCommentary.asp?Page=/Commentary/archive/200806/COM20080604c.html

Also, more news for America. Newt Gingrich is pushing a campaign for lowering your gas prices and drilling in America to free us from foreign oil. It is called Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less.Hey, who knows pushing this agenda might work, at least people know that we are tired of this Congress not letting us drill in the states. In the news today, S Dakota voted to drill for oil in their state and then the news of the electric car. If enough people go for this Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less. campaign, Congress might listen. Until then check out the campaign.

Check out this web site if you are interested in signing his campaign petition.
http://www.americansolutions.com/

Last but not least...

I got a pretty good deal at CVS. I had $10 in bucks that I needed to use. They had their toilet paper and paper towels that you got $10 in bucks back on with a $20 purchase. So I got two (8pk) rolls of paper towels, and two (9pk) rolls of toilet paper for $10 w my bucks and I have $10 in bucks for my next trip, so I am pleased. At least I didn't loose my bucks and I have bucks for the next purchase. :)

Well, so much for todays ramblings. Have a great day!

No comments: