Busy Day


Isn't it funny... we get up, have devotions, hit the road running and then wonder, "what have I accomplished today?"

We got back from Kansas Sun. afternoon. We spent the night in Rolla, Mo because we didn't think we could do another drive straight through. Thursday night, when we took turns cat napping and driving, it really wasn't all that restful. So, I am paying for the lack of rest. I have been in a kinda dragging mode for two days. You sure can tell that I am getting older. (Yep, that's an admission!)

Today, I visited my parents. They are doing quite well. Dad & Mom always have their plans and work to do. We looked at their garden. They have done quite well. Loads of tomatoes, beans and they have pumpkins, gourds and potatoes. Dad just grinned when we discussed his potatoes. He was eating some of the potatoes he had grown. (It does give one a satisfying feeling to grow your own food.) I don't think I ever remember them growing potatoes. They even had sunflowers. I am going to give them some of my sunflower seed. I had the mammoth kind and dad was kinda disappointed that he didn't have big heads. He had one that looked fairly large though. Sometimes, the cheaper seed packages don't have what you think they do.

Their dahlia's are looking good. These bulbs are from my Grandmother Phillips dahlia's she grew before she died about 45 years ago. They are heirloom, for sure. Dad and some of his brothers and sisters grow them every year. I think they have these little contests. My dear Aunt Lorena always grew them. I remember her and dad talking about them. If I could only grow it as good as dad! His heart must really be in it because it was his "mama's". That gives it an extra special "love" fertilizer.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like grandpa is having lots of fun. love you lots
amy

Paul and Candy said...

glad you made it home ok.


Candy