We Got Rain

We finally got our much needed rain. It seems like it has always gone around us when forecast. It was loud, clouds were dark, with lots of lightening. I'm still thankful for the rain! It made weed pulling much easier today.

This is a picture of the "hoe cakes" as we call them down south. I don't think I've ever made them. My mother makes them almost weekly so I eat them at her house. I just had a "hankering" for them. That's southern lango. So I called mom and she walked me through it. Thanks mom! We eat them with soup beans. And now you have the rest of the story. We had soup beans, another one of my favorites. We didn't have my complete KY meal, but enough to satisfy.

I got to stay home most of the day and got caught up on some of my work. I did go over to Steve & Buffy's and picked tomatoes so Beth could can tomato sauce. She was happy. Merrill took them over to her so I could work out in the garden.

I got my zinnia's dead headed. I'm excited about them because they are so pretty in the fall.