First Day of Spring


I'm wishing you a happy first day of Spring!

I enjoyed the day shopping. I made some pretty good grocery sales at Meijer today, but my really big savings was at CVS. I was sad that I lost my $14 in February ECB because of getting the flu and the mini blizzard, but today made up for it!

To get back on track, I had to make a major purchase of $4.80. I got 4 cans of Glad, Country Gardens, air freshener, 2 bottles of Listerine mouth wash, 1 tube of Colgate toothpaste and two large Mr. Goodbars. I had coupons which also helped my purchases. I got $12 in ECB. But, they did not have my dove body wash which I needed, so we had to go to a second CVS. At this CVS, I purchased my 4 Dove Body washes. I had coupons which I used and then I got to use my ECB bucks, so I spent $.26 at the second store.

I figured out that I purchased $42.34 (non-sale price) worth of mostly body products, plus the chocolate which is now considered healthy for you :), for a total of $5.06 and I still have $9.99 in ECB.

Now folks, I need all these supplies. We can't keep enough body wash! The other products are used daily and the candy, well, it just won't last long. Ask me to explain it, I've tried and those that I've told it to just don't comprehend it. Quite frankly, neither do I, but it works!

I was raised on a pantry & household supply storage, so my mother did a great job of teaching me to stock up. I do not like to run out of anything. I live in the country and gas is like buying gold, so I think that it is more important to have a pantry and household supply storage in this present era. By having a pantry and supply storage you can take advantage of sales and closeouts. If you work it correctly, you almost never have to pay full price for some of the things that you need. I've done this for years. But, this new ECB that CVS is offering at this present time is awesome. And, it may not last, but while it does take advantage of it.

When you see a coupon, take a look at the amount of the coupon and consider it money. That helps put a whole new look on things. It is real helpful if you don't mind trying different brands of the foods that you like because you can save money. As Ben Franklin said, "A penney saved is a penney earned!"

.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Good Job Mom!!

Amy said...

good job wish we had a cvs around here.love you lots