Indoor Gardening

Today, I was working on my indoor gardening. It is fun to watch the newly planted seeds become growing plants. I'm most happy about my holly hock seed. They are nice little plants. I do seem to struggle with getting them to reseed outside. I have heard others say the same thing.

I have a couple little mini green houses. One is in the kitchen and one is just outside my dining room in a protected area. They aren't very big and are about the size of a bakers rack. In fact if they weren't so plain, you might consider them a bakers rack. They have zippered plastic around them that makes them little green houses. I had to do some rearranging in my kitchen to get the one in front of a window. I was using a light over them in another area and that wasn't enough light. Since I have moved the one in front of a window and I use a light over it at night, my plants seem to be doing o.k.

When I unzipped my mini greenhouse today, I was met with the wonderful smell of tomato. I love it! Of course, the plants are small, but the second set of leaves are coming on and so is the smell. :) I ran out of my frozen tomatoes sauce, so I'm planning on doing more sauce this next year. I really look forward to fresh tomatoes.

I have been researching different veggie 8 type juices and when the tomatoes start coming on, I want to try a couple different recipes before I can them. With the V8 juice the price it is, I think it is well worth making my own juice. It may not be quite the same, but I think I can get my portions in and have a great juice. I'll at least try! :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

So glad they are getting big. Can't wait till we get to plant them ;-)

Love you
Beth

Jack said...

Indoor grow lights

Very interesting blog with great ideas and information.and everybody like this..
regardless of the effectiveness or not of the LED lights to grow our indoor plants, one area I am particular about is on the issue of its being environmental friendly.