Happy St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The only Irish that I know of in our family is a Great Grandmother that we called Granny Marthy. She was a loving old woman. She lived to be 96 and had a laugh that could clear the cob webs out of a room! I think I'll always remember something that she said over 30 yrs ago. "Grab all your younguns' and bring um on down!" She had several children around 8 or 9 (I'm not sure), but outlived most of them. She loved kids and she laughed a lot. She lived in a little frame house in Ky at the bottom of a big hill. We would park on the road, go down a path and across a log which was flattened on the top that was the bridge over a creek to get to her house. She was a fun person to visit. ...Just enough Irish so that I could wear green on St. Patricks Day and not get pinched! ;)

No comments: