More Snow's On The Way!

I can't believe that I haven't blogged in March at all. How sad! Well, I am back and more snow's on the way!!! This will probably be our last snow storm here in Oh ... after all it is March.

We had an ice storm midweek and our electric was out for about 7-8 hrs., but others weren't so fortunate and had long term outages. They set up a temporary place set up in our area for those who did not have electric and heat. There were lots of trees and lines downed. (It kinda reminded me of our trip out west last year when they had the same thing. They had days and days of outage.) I think that most of it in our area is back up. Our son Steve and his family stayed Tuesday night and Wednesday with us because of their outage. They got their electric back on about 11:00 p.m. Wed. night and they got to go home. Snow is better than ice! So, I am happy we are getting snow right now!!!

I just thought I'd get in some early gardening while it is snowing, so I rushed out and brought in some flower pots and my mini green houses. I planted tomato plants last week and they are starting to peek through. Now, that is exciting! I love to see the little seeds turn into plants.

Merrill, has been pushing for me to get the seeds started because he wants earlier tomatoes. When we plant these plants out, probably in six weeks, we will use the plastic milk jugs as miniature green houses and we should get early tomatoes.

I can't wait to see & hear the robin. So, I think I'm getting ready for Spring! But, for now, I'll enjoy this one last snow and work on my inside gardening. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Indoor gardening sounds like a great idea - I might have to borrow your "greenhouse" idea! I love early tomatoes too!

I worked outside some weeding the other day - it was a great feeling!