Camp Willomocky

Ryan's Grandparents Day
Today's Blog is dedicated to my grandson Ryan!

Today was Ryan's Grandparents Day at High Point Christian Academy in NC. I left yesterday morning on my first solo journey to NC. I was excited in a lot of ways, but kinda apprehensive because I've never driven it myself and I have only been down here twice before once with Buffy and once with Merrill. Grandma Lavy made it after about 8 1/2 hrs or so on the road.

It is so nice to be with Paul, Candy and the boys. I'm looking forward to a nice weekend with them before I journey home Monday. I'm sure it will be packed with fun things. They are a family on the go!

Grandparents Day is always special! I try to go all I can. When Ryan called and asked me to come, I told him I would try. I haven't missed any of his Grandparents Days and I wanted to be at his first one in NC. Merrill wasn't able to get a haul down here so I made the trip alone.

The Auditorium was awsome with the big cross and chimes. I'm not sure how many children attend the school. The Program was called, "Camp Willomocky." Grades kindergarden through fifth participated, so there were lots of grandparents. Parents weren't allowed so Candy dropped me off.

The pictures in the auditorium are not real good. Ryan's class is in the left side of the picture. He is in the last row. In the first group picture he has his arm up waving. After the program we went to his room where he gave me a braclet representing the salvation plan and card that they made in class especially for grandparents. I watched as Ryan and his few of his classmates played a game called "Othollo". After we finished with pictures, Candy picked us up.

Hope you enjoy the pictures from Ryan Lavy's "Grandparents Day" at
High Point Christian Academy, NC

"Camp Willomocky"







2 comments:

Amy said...

Mom
So glad that you got to go to Ryan's Grandparents day. Looks like you had lots of fun. Hope you are having a nice time in NC.
Love Amy

Beth said...

Mom,
Sounds like you had fun. Im glad you had a good trip down there. Hopefuly it will be a good one back too. have fun and give all the boys a kiss and a hug for me
Love
Beth