A Funny Thing...

A funny thing happened on the way to the convention...
Well, it could have not turned out funny, but to think back on it, it was funny.

I was parked on the fourth floor of the parking garage at the convention center. So, I got on the elevator at the fourth floor and pushed the button for the floor the ramp was on. Well, it went to the 5th floor and then to the ground floor. So, I pushed the button again and ended up back on the fifth floor, pushed the button again, but went back down to the ground floor. Finally, I decided that the elevator was not going to stop on the floor that I wanted it to and decided to get off at the next floor it stopped at and take the stairs. I just didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck in the elevator if something was really wrong. After coming down the stairs, a parking garage policeman informs me that the elevator wasn't working the previous day and evidently wasn't working right again. Phew! I was sooo glad that I didn't get stuck somewhere in a non-working elevator. I must have made 4-5 trips up and down on the thing before I decided that it wasn't working right... I was pushing my luck, for sure!

And that is my elevator story...

2 comments:

Amy said...

mother
i would have so BEEN OFF that thing the fist time it took me the wrong way. you are one brave person to ride up and down that many times. I am to scared of them, i remember when i was little at IHC and got stuck on one and i now hate them. Dad and I kinda have a funny story about one when we went to visit Aunt Velma you will have to ask him about that and see if he remembers ;)
I love you.
love a

Beth said...

I don't think I would have stayed on the exlevator!!

But that is funny