Greeting From A Traveler ...

Well, I didn't know that we were going to NC until the day before I left. I was happy to get to go. I posted in NC, the last post, but I didn't put it up until today. I seem to do that a lot. :) I wanted to post pictures, but I didn't have my chord to load them onto the computer with me. You probably aren't going to get the pictures today either since I have a lot to do. But, I will fill you in on some of the details.

We wanted to see Mayberry. Of course, in real life there isn't a Mayberry in NC just a fictitious town used for the Andy Griffith show. But there is a place called Mt. Airy close to Pilot Mt., that has Andy Griffith, Barney and Aunt Bea memorabilia and businesses. We were driving through early Tues. morning so most things weren't open. But, we got a look-see! Enough, that we will want to go back sometime because it is cute.

We ate breakfast at Aunt Bea's Barbecue. Now that was good. Merrill wanted a waitress and quaint breakfast which we didn't get because it was a cafeteria style. Otherwise, we were well pleased. At least, we could say that we ate at Aunt Bea's. I saved my Styrofoam cup and have a couple pansy plants growing in it, just for memory sake. The cup says, Pilot Mt. which goes along with the whole story.

I did get my onion sets in Virginia, as well as some of my corn seed. I also have a cabbage plant from NC. So, that may be a fun thing this summer. Plants from different states. I think I need some from Kansas. What do you think?

No comments: