Fall Is Here...

Fall is here. The schools are back in session, the crops harvesting has started and the leaves are starting to change. The gardens have pretty much quit for the season. But, I still have some tomatoes to harvest.

Today, Beth and I picked apples and pears, so we still have canning to do, but they're not a big rush like some things have been. We picked the tomatoes for Beth to can. We are alternating the pickings. She is getting great with child and can't hardly bend over, so she needed to take this picking. :) She wants to get her canning done. She's due Nov. 12, so it won't be long until she has her baby girl.

Last Thursday morning, I left for Ky for my yearly family reunion. I spent three restful days in the beautiful hills. My parents bought my grandmothers house several years ago and have added many nice improvements to it.It is their vacation home and they go down several times a year. It is a great get-a-way. It was nice to get to help mom and dad get ready for the reunion farther up in the hills. I mean... up a single lane road that was quite steep at times back into the hills, surrounded by trees and nature. There are very few houses in the area. Anyway, it is a beautiful drive esp. with the trees just starting to turn.

After my reunion I left around 2 o'clock to head back to Franklin, Oh. for our yearly fall church picnic and youth auction. So, Saturday was one full day. I was ready for my Sunday, day of rest.
I got home this morning. My dog and cats were very glad to see me.

So, that's how last week went. We'll see what adventures this week holds. Hopefully, pleasant ones! :)

No comments: