Peer Pressure...

What's good about being my age?
No PEER pressure!

You know this is true. When I was younger, I felt like I had to do everything the doctor said because he was the doctor. No questions, no alternatives, no let's wait... just do it. The same way with other professional decisions and activities that we were involved in. But, as I've aged, things have changed. I don't suffer from peer pressure or people pleasing very much anymore. I don't over involve myself in things. I know my limits and I am more than willing to stay within them.

I think age has a lot to do with it, but I also think that somewhere down the years I realized that bowing to peer pressure was not worth the grief that it usually causes. Maybe a lot of it is that as we age, we pick our priorities and make better choices. We tire easy and we like peace and quiet.

Well, the 60's aren't bad. I think that it is sobering to think that you will not be around another 60 yrs., whereas at 50, you know that you could live to be 100. For sure, each day is a precious gift from God.

Then there is the saying, "If 60 is the new 40... do I still get my senior discount?"

Well, sometimes I feel like 40, and then again, sometimes I feel like 100. But, I would say most of the time in my heart I feel like 40. It's like, "how did I ever get this old so quick?"

-just a few musing from Gran

No comments: