Turn Everything Over To God...


Isn't God wonderful! We can turn everything over to God and He takes care of it! God is the healer of broken hearts and bodies, a comforter in time of trouble, our friend and Saviour as well as our Lord. I am so glad that I know the Lord of Lord and King of Kings!

This past week has been one busy, busy up and down week. I was looking in my blog draft folder which contained five unfinished blog entries. Usually my blog entry will only need a picture and I will let it sit until I find the time to look one up. I think, I've confessed this problem before. I finish them and will post several at one time. Well, my solution this time is to put up one and omit the last four.

I will share a little bit about some of the things that have happened. Those of you that are close to us, know that a couple of our sons had a four wheeler accident while hunting in Colorado. This was Friday, a week ago. Steve had a head injury and had to have 25 staples, and Paul had a shoulder injury and they both were sore from the accident. The Lord took care of them and they are both doing better. Praise the Lord!

Last Sunday, the big wind storm blew through and our area had many trees and limbs down. There were great power outages for many days. There are still around 34,000 homes without electricity. We were fortunate because our electric was only about about 6 hr. last Sunday. Three of my children and my parents had their electric out for several days. My parents were cozy in their home running a generator to keep the freezer and refrigerator going. I ate with them one day and I don't think they skipped a beat... it was almost business as usual just a little less food. They are older and know how to survive in hard times. Probably, most of the people that we know were worried about their freezers.

On Tuesday, Merrill and I went to the Farm Science Review around Columbus. We have gone so many years. I love to go to the cooking displays. They always have so many neat things that they cook and it is fun to sample what they fix. Then I usually hang around the gardens and listen to their talks. Merrill goes equipment browsing and he usually finds old friends to talk to at the displays. We both usually walk until we're ready to drop.

I had one neat experience in the display gardens. I was talking to this older gentleman. We'll being that I'm the age I am... he may not have been that much older! Funny... I don't know how I got here!:) Anyway, we were discussing the vegetable and flower displays and some of the plants. We talked awhile about some of the large tomatoes and some of the unusual plants and flowers. Then he made a remark that kinda got my attention... he said that the Farm Science Review was one of America's best shows. So, I got brave, and asked him if he was from England because he has a beautiful English accent. He is from England and he is a scientist. Wow! Sometimes, you never know who you're talking to.

So, you can see there were several things that happened. One thing that I know for sure, God is there for the good and the bad times. I remember the great lady Mary Crowley who founded Home Interiors. She had such a positive upbeat outlook on life. She loved the Lord and always had such neat sayings. I think I'll close with one of her sayings.

"Every evening I turn everything over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway."
-Mary Crowley

God Bless and Have a Good Night!

2 comments:

The Sayler Family said...

It was such a pleasure having your boys here with us. You did a great job with them. We always look forward to their coming! God was surely with Paul and Steve. He is good all the time, isn't He?!

Connie Lavy said...

Thank you for your kind comments. I am so thankful that God took care of the boys and I am thankful that you were there to drive them to the hospital and stay with them... that means so much!

Yes, they are fun to be around. They can keep you laughing!