Godliness With Contentment

"Godliness with contentment is great gain."
We look at the world around us and we see very unsatisfied people. It really doesn't matter whether the person is poor, middle class or rich. People that have the mind set to always seek money and things are very miserable. The real secret of happiness is not the getting of more, but the wanting of less. Sure it would be nice to have a new four wheeler, new boat, new camper, new house or whatever, but is it the best thing to seek. Learning to be happy and content with what we have is a gift. I do not say deprive yourself unless the Lord leads you that way. I'm saying don't try to keep up with the Jones's so to speak. Also, I'm not saying that it is wrong to have those things. I am saying that to be obcessed with getting more and more is wrong especially if the family suffers because the mother has to go out and work to keep up that lifestyle.




Today, David and his friend Eli went fishing. They had lots of fun and caught a couple of fairly nice bass. They were not extremely large, but I did manage to convince Duane to take them home and show the boys how to clean a prepare fish.

The mower wouldn't start so Steve came over and jumped it for me. I almost got the rest of the yard mowed, but it started getting dark and looking like rain. I decided to put the mower away and finish tomorrow. One thing I really enjoy is mowing, but I am not real wild about Merrill's mower. It is one of those Dixons that is zero radius. It is just hard for me because the steering bars seem to be too far away. I guess I am just too short. My mower is down and out of commission right now. We have a large yard so it takes a day or two sometimes to get it done because of the day's heat. But, I guess everyone has their mowing stories. I'm just thankful that we have nice green grass to mow and nice warm weather to do it in.

No comments: