Catching Up...


So many things have happened in the last couple of weeks. A reunion, birthdays and a trip. I know that I keep promising pictures. They will come. I will share some soon, promise. For now, I will just share a little.

Sometimes, I am so bad about postings. I get them wrote and let them sit. I don't have time to get the pictures together at that time that I want, but I have the words. That is why my blog makes an explosion of posts at times. Like today, I deleted some earlier unused posts and others I published. Hopefully, I'll improve.

Merrill and I had such a nice trip to Amish Country. We drove and drove through the country. The people are always so friendly and waved. They have some of the most beautiful gardens and flowers. Merrill knows his way around very well, since we gone there many years. It is nice to have your own private guide. :)

We stayed in Berlin, Oh. We walked to the shops in town and looked at all the hand made things that were displayed. I looked and looked for the most perfect birthday gift. I didn't find it in town, but at an Amish country store. I found an Amish canning cookbook that had an old recipe that I wanted and some very interesting things that I would like to try. Merrill bought me the cookbook and we bought some cheese which was totally delicious. Merrill got his popcorn that he likes so well (20 lb.) This is not the kind that we raise, so this is an important purchase for him. We do eat a lot of popcorn and we share a lot of popped popcorn with others. For breakfast and supper, we ate at two delicious Amish restaurants. It was just a pleasant trip!

Saturday morning, we left for Franklin, Pa for a friend's mother's birthday. She was 100 years old. She had 13 children, but one died at a couple weeks old. At her birthday table she sat with her 12 living children. It was neat! Merrill's friend, Paul Ritchey was her last child and he was born in her 40's. She had a couple letters from President Bush, the State of Pa & Dept of Ed.,Pa and a news article on display. She seems to be in great health for a 100 yr. old person.

Wilma, the girls, June Ritchey, Melissa Ritchey and her children and I took a walk through the park and uptown. It had a neat old town look. There were several big beautiful old houses and buildings around this town that I enjoyed looking at.

That just about covers our travels for this time...

No comments: