Happy Birthday to Us!

Happy Birthday to us... Connie 60 yrs. old, Beth & Amy ? yrs. old, Breanna 5 yrs. old.

Did I ever tell you the story?...

Thirty years ago I was expecting twins. The fun part of this was that Merrill and I decided not to tell anyone in the family. It is called peace & loads of fun! As my pregnancy progressed and I got the size of a small cow, people did start asking questions. I was put on 3 weeks bed rest in the end. But, believe it or not, I made it to one day before my delivery date. I went into the doctors office and he informed me that I was in labor. I already knew that, but he confirmed it. His office was at the hospital and no matter how much I begged to go home, he wouldn't let me. I was wheeled over to the hospital and my husband was contacted. My labor went fast. I went into hard labor fast and Merrill did not get the papers signed until after the delivery. (I'm not sure that would happen today.) Merrill was there, four nurses and three doctors. All we needed was the cake and ice cream and they could have called it a party! I remember it well, even after all these years. I contained myself with the well taught breathing techniques and provided the world with two wonderful girls.

This was just the beginning... we were the talk of the hospital. I had four boys and now I had twin girls that were born on my 30th birthday! Everyone was talking about it. It was an exciting time. Later, they brought me up a little birthday cake. It was just an amazing thing to happen and lots of people were happy! The grandparents... well, some thought we were putting them on and some just laughed! It was fun and we probably would do it the same way again.

Last, but not least, is this little blond haired girl that was born five years ago on our birthday. This is her big year because she gets to go to school in the fall.

Now, folks, how often does this story happen?

1 comment:

Regi said...

not very often that is for sure!