Pleasant Memories...

I was just thinking about the pleasant memories of my youth. Today, I attended the Brethren In Christ camp meeting at the camp grounds that I attended when I was young. It brought back so many old memories of all the fun times and great services that we had many years ago.

I got to talk to old friends that I usually don't see unless I go there. Some friends were there from Canada. One of the reasons I wanted to go, was to see my best friend in high school, but she had already gone home. But, it was an enjoyable time. I don't recall ever hearing the evangelist that spoke when I was young, but then again, he was probably young too and not an evangelist. I guess, I feel younger than I really am, so things don't always seem the way they actually are. :)

I sat with my oldest sons best friend, his mom was a friend of mine who passed away about 3 yrs. ago. I so badly wanted to tell him a story because I was sitting where I could see a familiar cabin, but I contained myself because he was in deep thought and worship. It was a great sermon on salvation, sanctificantion and minding God.

Anyway, back to my brief thoughts on the cabin that I saw. We young teenage girls, could get onery when we got together at camp. A bunch of us young girls decided to pull a prank on this grouchy old lady. She was a real crank! We got a bunch of wind up alarm clocks and set them at different times in the night under her cabin. So, they went off all night long. Well, my guess is, she didn't get much sleep that night! For sure, she was probably too tired to crank. I don't recall us getting into any trouble with anyone. But, it was funny, and yes, I do feel bad and would never do anything like that today! lol

I have more stories to tell, but will have to save them for another time.

2 comments:

LJL said...

Connie Phillips!!! No wonder you have some kids like you have!! lol Merrill would never have done something like that at camp.

Connie Lavy said...

Yes, Lowell,
You are right, my husband probably never did anything like that at camp. He was quiet, tall and solid like a tree. If he did, he has never confessed.

Maybe, we should quiz him on this subject.