Taking Down A Stand Of Trees...

Merrill has been so busy the last few weeks that he hasn't been able to get to the little task of taking down a stand of trees. They were willow trees that the birds have carried in down through the years. They root very easily and have been quite a battle around the pond. I'm not really sure why we didn't remove them before now. He didn't have anything to do tonight which is rare, so we decided to get rid of the willows.

These are pictures that I've taken of him removing the trees. By the time I got there they were mostly down, but he was still pulling roots out. We plan to replace them with poplar trees. They are a pretty tree that grows fairly fast. I want to make a new stand of trees where the old ones were. We've already decided how far apart we want them. After the preliminary drawing is made so that we can get an idea of how it will look, I will place the order and get them in as soon as possible. This is really exciting because I have wanted to do it for a few years.











This is a pictures of our orchard. Also, a picture of one of the peach trees that is quite loaded with peaches. Last nights wind blew off quite a few apples, but the peaches held on.









I planted the orchard myself several years ago. It is just now starting to bare quite a bit of fruit. I like to plant trees and my husband is pretty good about it, if I don't put it in the wrong place like over a drain or line.

No comments: