Family Reunions


Today, was one of my husbands family reunions. It was the Welbaum - Lavy reunion. It is a combined reunion of Merrill's parents and their brothers & sisters and nieces and nephews. Merrill's mom was a Welbaum and of course his dad a Lavy. Kayetta Fourman heads it up and does a great job.

I really like family reunions. It is so much fun to see people, learn what's new in their lives and see how they've changed. We never know what the next year holds because reunions change from time to time with marriages, births and death's.

Of course, the food was great. The greatest part of the good food is that I did not overeat. Now that is an accomplishment!

Oh, yes, the potato salad story. Merrill and I made 4 batches of potato salad yesterday. It took about an hour and I had the potatoes and eggs already boiled. But, we had to peel the potatoes and eggs. They after they were peeled Merrill shredded them. Merrill is learning new skills. I think I'm going to call him the Potato King. He is a great potato frier. Of course, he makes great french toast too, but that is another story.

The recipe came from one of my new cookbooks that I got this summer. It is real similar to the Der Duchman potato salad. My husband is so please that we found this recipe. We are trying to save it for special occasions so that we do not get burnt out on it.

No comments: