Working In The Garden

I've wanted to post garden pictures before now, but never seem to have the camera when we're working. Today, I wanted to share a few pictures that we took this morning.

These are pictures of Beth and Isaiah. We weeded the beans and tomatoes today. Beth is trying to teach Isaiah how to weed. Two yr olds just don't seem to be into weeding!











The picture to the left is the first corn of the season. It is the Early Sunglow that I started inside in styrofoam cups. Hey, it worked, so next yr I may do more. It probably isn't worth doing for other corns, but the Early Sunglow is early and a small, short eared corn. The corn that I planted directly in the ground will be ready in about 7-10 days, so you don't gain a lot. It is just fun to try something different.

There was a tiny, just my size ear of corn for Isaiah. He's never had corn on the cob so he was anxiously anticipating this corn. He got his corn, cooked! :)


We saved an ear for Merrill this evening. Beth didn't think it was fair that we only got one ear. It sure left us looking forward to more.

1 comment:

Beth said...

We enjoyed working in the garden with you.